Thursday, July 29, 2010

Good things come to those who wait...

....or do they? I was in the bathroom just a minute ago getting ready for bed and the thought occured to me...do good things come to those who wait? We have all heard the saying before, but is it really true? I for one do not think it is. Like for instance nothing good comes from waiting to lose weight, get back with your ex-boyfriend, have that favorite pair of shoes go on sale, start working on your term paper after you go see that new movie... all of those seem like a really bad idea to wait for. I turned 24 today and I am tired of waiting! How many people ask the question...how are you?...aka who are you dating? And I never have an answer other than good, just school and work. And their answer is always the same...oh don't worry your prince charming is out there. And I personally love the saying, oh love finds you when you are not looking and least expect it...haha and just pray tell who is not looking?! The only people I know who are not looking is my 12 year old brother and nuns waiting to take their oath! They only say you will find what you are looking for when you stop looking to make you feel better...I know because I said the same things to certain people. So I made up my mind to start looking. Yep, I am single and want to change that one fact in my life. I have now joined the millions of singles in cyberspace and started online dating. Yes I am going against the saying good things come to those who wait because I have waited and waited but nothing good has knocked on my door (haha believe me...far from good) so I am going to take it in my own hands. I am really excited for this new adventure in my life and feel really good about this decision!

2 comments:

Missy said...

"12 year old brother and nuns" literally made me laugh out loud!!!! I love you!!!! I hope you find that prince charming and tie him up and tie him down!!!!

P and C said...

I also loved your nun comment! ha ha You are too cute Liss!! I hope you find someone to love and adore you and cherish you like the princess that you are!!! :) You deserve the best!!