Thursday, April 8, 2010

It has been too long!

So for a quick overview of what has been going on in my life in the past few months. I am getting ready for finals in a couple weeks, and hoping I do well! I need to catch up on my homework :) I just recently went to Michael Buble in concert. And it was so good!! Oh my goodness I have never been to a concert before so it was really exciting!

OK so I hope no one minds me just putting down some thoughts I have. I have been really depressed as of late. Here are some things that are making me sad:

1. Human Trafficking
I have been wanting to help stop this gross problem that is exploding around the world, yet I don't know how. I feel that more people need to be aware that this is becoming the fastest growing criminal industry in the world, making 5 Billion to 9 Billion dollars a year!! I really want to stop Sex Trafficking, we need this disgusting crime to end!

2. True Love
Is there such a thing as true love? Can someone make you as happy as you dream that they can?

3. Facebook
So for a month I went off facebook, I didn't look or log on for a whole month. It was hard but some days I didn't even notice. I hate how dependent on technology we have become. Cell Phones, Internet, Television...can anyone go a day without any of these? I know that for school I need the computer, at home I watch TV and to stay in touch with my friends I have my phone...at what point do we say enough?

4. Debit
I am a shopaholic! I love to shop! For anything; food, clothes, crafts, shoes, jewelry, scrapbook stuff, the list goes on and on! I need to really watch my spending habits!

5. Recycling
I want everyone in the world to recycle! But I feel like I get on my soap box and no one listens. I can't save the planet by myself yet I feel that I am the only one trying (well me and the state of Oregon) If you care at all about the future, please recycle! Green is the ONLY way to go ;)

OK enough about what is making me sad. I am happy that summer is almost here, that I have a wonderful best friend and a family that will do anything for me. I have so many blessing and I need to remember them (and count them) every day!

3 comments:

JaLesha said...

I haven't seen you for so long!! Good luck with finals!!!! We'll have to get together! :o) *hugs*!

Missy said...

Hey girly! Good luck with finals! Blah--I'll be so glad when mine are over!!! Hey so on the trafficking thing...copy and past the following link and you can see the organization that the girl works for and maybe get some ideas on how to help. http://www.fbi.gov/page2/july06/career_konstas071406.htm
P.S. We need to get together again! :)

Hilary said...

Liss! You didn't tell me you were going to Michael Buble!!! That is so exciting! I can't be too jealous though...I saw him last time he was in Utah (and didn't even have to pay for the ticket!) He is AMAZING in concert. As for the rest of what you said, if you need anything let me know! That's what friends are for! Oh and thank you so much for texting me yesterday and checking up on me. It meant a lot. Love you!