Monday, February 1, 2010

Group work...in college...are you crazy?!

Ok can I just vent for a minute about how much I hate group work. I hate trying to plan a time to meet with the group, get everyone's opinions on the subject. It is one of the most difficult things you could do to a group of young adults. Oh and then there is that one individual who makes everything even more challenging by disagreeing with everything said. Well needless to say I have a group paper I have been working on for the past couple days. Oh did you catch that "I" have been working on it. That's right my group is MIA. Oh and I should mention that it is a group of 4 boys and me. Of course I would get stuck in this group. Of course me the only one who had the assignment done on time was "volunteered" to put together the paper. Ugh, like I said I HATE group work.

Well other than that school is going really good. I am doing really good, haha well at least in my mind I am. We will see what the next month brings, eh!

Oh ps don't you just love the song I found about heros...haha I actually had a guy last week tell me that he is no super hero but he could make me happy...I responed that I was looking for a super hero and nothing else! (it is a really long story...haha maybe I will post it one day)

2 comments:

JaLesha said...

The hero stuff was funny! But I really got on to tell you I TOTALLY agree with you about group work!!! Let me tell you my story (sorry, it's long. but you know me well enough to just expect that by now huh?! lol) In one of my upper level psychology classes (this is like my last or second to last semester of school) we had to do a group paper. First of all there is this OLD (ok, so not way old but definitely old enough to have grandkids), loud, bossy, opinionated (with this super butch haircut, by the way) lady that ended up being in the group with me. I HATED her. She'd ALWAYS make comments in class, thought she knew everything, and was just annoying! I had plenty of other things that took up my time (hello! job?!) so I couldn't meet at the time they picked & missed a meeting. I get a call from the lady that says my group decided to kicked me out!!! I was SOOOO upset! (mad, more than anything but it was like I was in trouble and I HATE that feeling!!!) And I really didn't like my teacher either and that made me have to go talk to him to see if I could just do the dumb assignment on my own. (And this was after weeks of working on my group's paper already so I'm starting out way behind.) Luckily he let me. But here is the best part!!.......I ended up getting like an A- or B+ on that paper and my 'group' ended up with like a 'D'!!! HAHAHA! Isn't that fantastic!!! I was THRILLED and couldn't help but think they totally deserved it for being such jerks. (It really was mainly that one lady who I had the problem with because she was so obnoxious and made herself in charge. She was that person you talked about...that always disagrees and has to put their two cents in about everything. Grrr! It still makes me crazy to think about it!) On a similar note...I guess you could be mean and tell your teacher the boys aren't doing anything and that it's your assignment only and they'll have to come up with something on their own?? But YOU have a GREAT reason to be mean like that! It IS your assignment!! They aren't even trying! Well, good luck!!!!! You'll have to let me know how it all turns out. :o) *big hugs!*

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

I'm totally with you on the no group work thing. In one of my dance classes I opted out and did a 5 page paper so I didn't have to do a group project. I think they were really lame.