Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cooking at work

Well I was invited over to Rogers house for dinner and did not want to show up empty handed, as any guest knows you don't. So I decided I wanted to make dessert. One little problem...I am working. Well no fear I can make something, I mean come on I work in a grocery store right! OK what to make....I have no stove, oven, blender, freezer....um the options are getting pretty low. Well Danielle who has her cook book with her (have no idea why) pulls out a recipe for Oreo truffles. All you need is a package of Oreo's, cream cheese, and almond bark. Pretty simple. You crush the Oreo's combine them with the cream cheese, roll into balls and dip in the almond bark and refrigerate.

It took about three hours from start to finish, which is due to the fact that I had to stop and come back when we were slow. So I think if you were to do this at home it would be a lot faster! They turned out great!! I have never had them and I was a little nervous they were not going to taste good, but they were amazing! Thanks everyone at work for helping out!

Dinner was great, he didn't have time to cook because he got off work late so we just ordered pizza and watched a movie. It was a fun night, I really liked the part where he held my hand...that was pretty good :)

2 comments:

JaLesha said...

Woo woo!! Holding hands! (by the way, who's Roger?)

You are so cute to think to make food at work for a party! lol

corianne schwartz said...

I agree with JaLesha. WOO WOO for hand-holding!