Saturday, June 4, 2011

2 cups of laundry soap, a package of gummy bears and 18 dollars later I have cleaned someone else's clothes.

Today Corianne and I went to the laundry mat to clean our very overflowing laundry basket and me being the helpful sister decided to fill all the machines with laundry soap. So along I went, dumping in the thick blue liquid. As I filled the washers I noticed that one had a pair of superman underwear..wow who knew Dustin wore such small briefs and with a big superman "S" none the less. At last Cori came along and asked if I had put soap in the last machine she was standing by; well no I had not because I didn't think that one was hers. And then it hit me, wait this washer with the tiny hero underwear was not hers...crap! My face got hot and I franticly looked around to see if the washer had an owner somewhere in the building. The only lady with kids replied that it didn't belong to her. Oh great! Then Cori made me panick even more, the laundry that I had just added soap to was already clean! Oh. Just. Great. Although I have to admit we were laughing because only I would add soap to an already clean load of a stranger. We were finished loading when I asked Cori for quarters to do her last machine when once again she said that one was not hers! Are you kidding me?!?! Not only did I fill one wrong machine- but TWO! And again it was already clean. Mamma Mia! Well, I felt completely retarded and didn't want to leave detergent on their clothes, so I took twenty dollars out of the ATM and went in to the store to break it for some quarters. Of course the lady at the counter said we have to purchase something from the store to get in the till so I plopped on the counter the nearest thing I could grab..gummy bears and off we went. I filled the washer with quarters and started the wash again. I kept glancing around the whole time we were there to see if the owner would show up but they did not. So whoever you are, I am sorry I dumped soap in your clean batch of clothes but I hope you don't mind that they got washed again. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha... only you Liss.... only you... ;)